Pages

Snippets

Saturday, September 15, 2007

8 Weeks left!


I've been told that blogs are great. Especially when you have family that's far away and they would like to keep up with your lives. Let's be honest here. No one wants to keep up with MY life so much. We all want to keep up with Luke's life now.

So, we'll give it a try. I had my baby shower last Sunday. Or should I say Luke had HIS baby shower last Sunday. It was thrown by the girls in my connections group at church, and organized mainly by Shanna Hayes and Aubrey Kingcade. They did a REALLY great job. Everything I wanted in a shower. Simple, low-key, and no fuss. Perfect. PLUS! Mom and dad drove all the way after Mom got out of school Friday and they left OKC immediately after my shower at 4. It was a marathon weekend for them. Mom's sister, Marjorie, and parents, Pappaw and Grandma Key also came. Kyle's Grandma Pat and cousin Mandy came also, along with many other friends. Kyle and I left the shower with a Nitro loaded full of things Luke will need, and will need to look cute.

I've spent all this week putting together, putting away, and purchasing remaining needed items. His crib is all put together...with bedding!

Tomorrow I will officially have 8 weeks left to go. According to my book, Luke should be around 4 lbs and 15-17" long. He's becoming less see-through, becoming bonier, and getting some layers of fat.

Kyle is going to the OU game today. It's a 2:30 game, so that means that he's feeling late because it's already 9:30!! and he hasn't left yet! haha! While he's gone, I'm going to be taping in Luke's room so Kyle can begin painting this week.

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATS RACHEL!!! LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! So happy you finally joined the BLOGGER world!!! I will put you in my bookmarks and check up on yas regularly! I'm so excited I get the honor of being your first viewer to comment!

    Can't wait to meet Mr. Luke or L-wheezy.... oh and I love your comments about him being less see through and more bonier.... you're too funny.

    later skater!
    o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww I'm so sad I missed your shower!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOOO But we are so excited for you guys and I hope that you know that you guys are in our prayers, as well as baby luke!!!! We miss you guys, tell everyone in group that we miss them too!

    Carisa and Blair

    ReplyDelete