Pages

Snippets

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Today is a sad day.

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY, LUKE!!
We started off today with a round of Happy Birthday. Then we had a bath. This was right before he got out...I had already begun to dry his hair. A boy just has to smell good on his bid day. Pardon the red eye. I'm posting this before Kyle has had a chance to fix the red eye in this batch of pictures.
Here is Luke's birthday cupcake. Lowfat. With just a little frosting. I was going to not do any frosting, but then I decided, Hey, the kid's only one once...so I put on enough to just barely cover the top. Yeah, I'm crazy like that.
Here we are eating the cupcake! Yum yum! He didn't go crazy or anything. He hadn't eaten his lunch all that long before this so he wasn't hungry. He mostly like to hold the whole thing in his hand and shake it around.

We had a good crowd for his birthday. Kyle's dad came from Pond Creek and my grandparents came from Ponca City. Johnny and Cindy came with the boys (and it was a good thing, Luke needed help with all those presents!). Grandpa WT and Gigi came and so did Traver.

Damian and Isaac had a lot of fun helping Luke with his presents. They liked to choose which one he was to open next and help him open it ect. Cindy kept reminding the boys to let Luke help and one time Damian (age 4) replied, "Well if he's not going to do it, I have to do it for him!" Cute. Luke loves all his presents. I'll post more pictures of that later once the red eye gets fixed, but I thought Luke's public would need a few NOW!
Grandpa Wilbur thought it was too bad that nobody liked Luke enough to bring him any presents =) (This was said in the middle of the living room that looked like it got hit by a tornado. I haven't picked it up yet because I don't know where it's all going to go!)

I did end today on a sad note. I'm sad that Luke's birthday day is over. He's one. I teared up (I did NOT cry...that would be silly) thinking about how my little baby is growing up. He's a whole year old. His first birthday day is over and he'll never have another one. Kyle tried to cheer me up, but I just want to wallow for a while.

We're planning on going to the Pumpkin Patch tomorrow east of Arcadia (less than 5 miles from our house). So I'll have a post soon about that. And then Luke has his well baby appointment on Tuesday. See what you all have to look forward to? I'm glad I'm here to give your lives meaning again.

1 comment: