Pages

Snippets

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ponca City and a Talkin' Fool

Well, I had a great Valentines/Birthday. It all happened the same weekend so extra big fun for me! I didn't even try to get a babysitter on Valentines Day so I got one for Friday the 20th. Here's a picture of the beautiful flowers Kyle got me for V-day. Lily's are my favorite flower and tulips are my second favorite. He did good. We went to the Melting Pot and ate WAY too much, but it was SO good.
Monday after we got back from Ponca City I got my birthday present from Kyle. New slippers modeled here by Luke. My old ones had holes in the them so they were much needed. I like them better than my last pair (that I picked out). These stay on my feet. Kyle is also going to watch Luke all day some Saturday here coming up and I get to have a Luke free girls day doing whatever we want. I'm already dreaming.


Saturday morning we went to Ponca City and came back Sunday evening. It was a nice trip. Even better to see mom and dad and Pappaw and Grandma Key on my birthday. And Marjorie the day before. This is a picture of one of the cutest things he did while we were there. Love it! He also took many walks with Grandpa. He does a good job of walking and holding your hand (when required). He walked all the way around Pappaw and Great-Grandma Key's long block and then 3 blocks down to the park, 1 block over and then the 3 blocks home. And his little legs are still attached! I was really suprised that he walked all that way by himself and didn't want carried at all. Luke also loved watching the trains go by. We're pretty sure Solomon is in for a treat with that as well. While there, Luke pulled out all the stops and said like a bazillion new words. He now can say:

Car, sock, shoe, tractor, apple, duck, roar like a lion, dog, cat, "butt" for button, book, mama, daddy, "side" for outside....mom might remember more. He sure was experimenting. We're currently working on saying Solomon and "Mama pretty". We'll see if he can master it before Solomons much anticipated arrival on March 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment