Pages

Snippets

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Doctor Visit

LOVE his expression in this picture. I'm pretty sure this is what a "Cheeky Monkey" looks like.

I had another uneventful trip to the OB yesterday. Other than weighing in, it was quite pleasant. There is a new nurse there who was quite taken aback by my low blood pressure. I guess the other nurses have grown accustomed to it =)

I did try talking Dr. Shanbour into a later "travel restriction" date. He says I can't travel farther than 1 1/2 hrs away after 28 weeks. Which means Kyle and I can only go to Tulsa or Ponca City after November 1st. I, however, wanted to go to Grapevine, TX (about 2 1/2-3 hrs away) to go stay at the Great Wolf Lodge and take Luke to their indoor water park as a last Hurrah! for our little family of 3 before Leta is born and ruins all our fun....I mean limits our activities the way new babies can. I don't even want to go late into the pregnancy. Luke was born early. I'm not too keen on having my baby someplace other than Mercy. I just wanted to go in November, when it's colder and we can't go outside quite as much ect. I tried everything. I even promised that Kyle would drive back to OKC really fast if my water broke. I told him "all the other doctors let their patients". AND I did my best smile. It didn't work. So. Either no indoor water park for Luke or we'll be going next month. We'll see. The masses would probably appreciate us not going at all. Seeing a way preggo lady in a swim suit isn't on my bucket list.

And. I think we've told people, but we're not traveling for Thanksgiving or Christmas this year (both are after that immovable 28 week mark.

Anyway, Leta is doing just fine. Her heart rate continues to be in the 140's, which is supposed to be the "boy" range, I'm told. Whatever. She marches to her own beat =).

4 comments:

  1. I thought 140s were girl range and 160s boy range.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe that's right. I just remembered at one of our earlier visits he mentioned that she wasn't following the "old wives tale" but maybe I'm misremembering her range from that visit. You're probably right, anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who is this other "anonymous" person who knows so much about baby heartbeats?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Then Karter was marching to HIS own beat. He was always in the 140's range. I'm sure it is Karter who is different....He does things his own way....stubborn I tell ya
    Must be Brandon's Kid.

    ReplyDelete