Pages

Snippets

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Well Child and Well Baby Check Up

I got smart again this Dr. visit.  I had Leta's well child check up and Max's well  baby check up at the same time.  Luke knew we were going to the doctor this morning and asked if he had to go.  I replied he did.  The he wanted to know if he had to have shots.  I told him he didn't have an appointment, he was just coming along and assured him he wouldn't have any shots.
Luke: Does Leta have to have shots?
Me: Yes.
Luke: YEA!! That means I'll get a sucker, too!

He's very sympathetic.  I love our doctors visits.  It's so much more than that.  I get all types of parenting tips and advice and he's a Christian so I'm confident on all sorts of levels that we're getting sound advice.  It's always nice.  Leta is very possessive and throws lots of fits and so we talked about that and I learned that I'm to "stay the course".  Keep doing what I'm doing and results will eventually come.  We hope.  He also assured me that the face children put on in public is the face that they eventually grow into.  I hope that's true, because both Luke and Leta are so much more well behaved in public than they are at home.
Isn't this the greatest picture of Max ever? He's just over 5 months in this picture.  But that's still what he looks like today.
Luke at 6 months

Leta at 6 months

Max: 26" long 15lbs 15oz
Luke:26" long  15lbs 8 oz (at 6 months)
Leta: 25" long  15lbs 6oz  (at 6 months)

You could argue that there is more of a "Soper Growth Curve" at this point.  Max had to have 2 shots and an oral vaccine today.  He barely cried at all.  Just the time it took to actually get the shots, then he was all better.

Leta 2 years
Luke: 2 years
Leta: 24lbs 32" tall
Luke: 24lbs 32" tall.

What was I saying about the "Soper Growth Chart"?.....ummm yeah.  Leta had 2 shots and cried at looked at me in disbelief.  She couldn't believe I was allowing this pain to happen to her.  But then she got a sucker.  And so did Luke.

No comments:

Post a Comment