Pages

Snippets

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Last 4 mile "long run"


Another Saturday Long Run!

Today was my "long run" day.  So far I'd say my training is going okay.  I have a wonky knee and an injured left calf, and could that be  twinge of shin splints in my right shin?  Probably.  I have yet to go a full week as planned.  I know I'm just a couple of weeks into training, but so far it seems I've skipped as many runs as I've gone on.  The Spousal Unit said he experienced the same thing when he was getting back into sprinting when I was pregnant with 2.0.  So, hopefully I'll get past this.  

I nee to look at this with a "see how far I've come in just a few weeks" instead of how far I have to go.  Up until a couple of weeks ago, I hadn't run 3 miles since before I was pregnant with the Biggest of the Small Ones, and he just turned 4 this week.  I haven't run 6 miles since....maybe the summer after my freshman year at college?...so 2001?  I ran 4 miles this morning.  Before 8am.  

However, somewhere around mile 3, as I was hurting and workin' hard...it occurred to me that in Half Marathon Land? 4 miles is NOTHING! and I can't imagine running more than 3 times that distance.  Breathe.  That's what training is for.

Here are my run stats:


And here's my post run, sweaty, red-faced poor quality self-portrait taken in my closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment