Pages

Snippets

Saturday, January 23, 2016

The Duel

January 16th I ran my 18th half marathon in Wichita Falls, TX.  I'd never been there before and it was a pretty 2.5hr drive down Friday evening at sunset.  I got there just in time to pick up my packet and then had a quiet evening at a nearby hotel.  The forecast for the race was not good and the weather didn't disappoint.  It started lighting raining about 10 minutes before the race began and it never quit....although around 10 miles into the race it turned to snow.  It was not my best run and I was hoping for a better time, but oh well!  There's always another race out there waiting for me.  Despite the weather, I had a great time and enjoyed the run (except for being pelted right in the eyeballs with snow then sleet, then snow.  I was dressed appropriately for the run, and I was very thankful that I had bothered to purchase a running rain jacket a few years ago (even though it hasn't gotten much wear), but despite that I was SOAKED by the time the race was over.  I ran a 2:03.



This was a small race with reusable chips that we had to fasten to our shoes.  We got a rubber bracelet at our turnaround point to ensure that we ran the whole course.  (Leta was excited about that).  We also got a long sleeve race T and a short sleeve finishers shirt and silicone cup (my favorite)...and the medal of course.  

No comments:

Post a Comment