Pages

Snippets

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Milestone!


Luke got his first tooth today! He's about 5 1/2 months old. When mom was here over Easter I thought he might be teething. He had a snotty nose and a cough, but I didn't really feel like he was sick. His naps were funky when mom was here as well. Then his poops started being different (I've been told that's a sign as well). Audra said that she felt like Solomon's hardest time with teething was 2-3 weeks before the tooth actually emerged, so I've been waiting and watching the calendar to see if my Easter suspicions were right. Maybe they were and maybe they weren't, but he's got a tooth! I guess Audra was right. It's so tiny in there that it barely qualifies. I guess it's sorta like being "barely pregnant". I've been feeling his little gums multiple times a day. I'm a little embarrassed about how excited I am about this.


I have rice cereal on the grocery list, and since we're on our last gallon of milk...I'll probably go grocery shopping tomorrow and get Luke's first solid food. And we've been giving him a sippy cup a couple of times a day so he can start learning about that too. The 18th is when Luke turns 6 months and that's the day we have his doctors appointment, so I'm going to get a refresher course in introducing solids and he'll prbably get his first rice cereal for lunch that day. We'll have some good pictures from that experience. I'll try to post soon after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment