Pages

Snippets

Thursday, August 28, 2008

There it is!

Luke has been pointing for about a week or so now. He's very good at running that little pointer finger of his these days. Everytime we go get him from his crib he always points at his OU mobile (ug.) that Georgeanne got him, then he points at his magnets and board he got from Vicki and sometimes he'll turn around and point at his toy in his crib and then he starts all over. Mobile, magnets, mobile, magnets... you get the picture. I tried to get a video the other day but he woke up cranky and wanted me to hold him while he pointed at everything. I'll have to try again when he wakes up from this nap.

Luke also got another tooth on Tuesday. His bottom left incisor. He's up to 7 teeth now. He's been kinda cranked out lately (and it didn't quit with the arrival of tooth #7) so hopefully it's because his 8th tooth in on the way.

Last night. For the first time... Luke stayed in the nursery at church the entire time and was HAPPY AND PLAYING! when Kyle and I picked him up. I think the nursery staff was more relieved than I was. I'm sure they just love it when Luke comes. Maybe last night will change their minds. He found a few favorite toys that he liked to play with and he appearantly laid down on top of another girl and then looked at everyone with his storty face smile, very proud of himself. So maybe he's cheating on his girlfriend, Hannah. Who knows. He's such a playa'.

He's also thinks it's fun to stand all by himself, but so far he's not willing to take any steps. I'm working on it. Don't you worry. You'll be the first to know.

Also, Luke and I have a trip to Nebraska planned (I'm going to email you and let you know mom, don't worry. hahah!) Luke and I will be flying to Omaha October 23rd and then flying back the 28th. It will be our first big trip by ourselves. Kyle decided he needed to stay home and work since we'll be traveling in November and December. I thought it would be easier to fly that far with him rather than drive. There are a lot of details that need ironed out, but we'll get it figured out soon.

We're taking the boat out this evening. It'll be Lukes first trip (and mine) in the boat. Maybe we'll remember the camera and take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment