Pages

Snippets

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Making your own baby food.


Here is my afternoon project from a week or so ago. From left to right. 28oz Edamame (soy beans! yummy!), 22 oz mango (bought two packages frozen mango chunks), 34oz peaches (2 packages frozen peaches) and 60oz green beans (4 packages of frozen). I also bought tons of bananas, but didn't mash them this day because I was waiting for them to brown a bit more.


When I had Luke, I decided to make my own baby food. I figured with one kid, I should be able to accomplish something like that since I stay home. I didn't really know what I was doing, but I didn't think it would be that hard. I did get a couple of books, but I found them to be more useful in scheduling eating and introducing new foods etc. Since I didn't know if I'd make my own baby food for #2 I didn't want to invest a lot of money into containers to store it. I should have. With Luke I used old yogurt containers and used baby food jars that I had received from a friend. When it came time for Leta to begin eating purees, I decided to make my own again, since it was so easy last time, but this time I wanted freezable plastic containers. It was a bit tricky finding a size I wanted that didn't come in a variety set, that I could order individually. But I found some "Lock N Lock" brand on the Organize.com website. They are 6 oz. containers.

She has also had: applesauce, avocado, peas, sweet potato, carrots, acorn squash, and butternut squash. Still to come: Eggplant, zucchini, and more fruits!

No comments:

Post a Comment