Pages

Snippets

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rachel's Lake Brisket

I found this recipe on a freezer cooking blog that I follow. http://onceamonthmom.com/  I finally tried it and it was SO good.  Definitely will be a staple at our house and is even going on my next meal plan!

Rachel's Lake Brisket
12 oz beer (I used beef broth instead)
3/4 c pickles, chopped
1 T Worcestershire sauce
3/4 c brown sugar
12 oz chili sauce
1 tsp pepper
1tsp salt
1 c onion, sliced
5lbs beef brisket (I used 2.5lbs)

Mix the first five ingredients in a bowl.  Salt and pepper the meat.  Pour sauce over the top of meat in an 8X8 pan.  Bake at 250* for 5-6 hours.  Shred it with a fork or slice, serve on buns with BBQ sauce.

I used 2.5 lbs meat intending to 1/2 the rest of the recipe as well, but forgot to half anything else.  The sauce completely submerged the meat this way anyway.  I also shredded it and mixed it with Head Country BBQ sauce and served it "slider size" on homemade dinner rolls that my mom made when she was down after Max was born.  The rolls are my Grandma Key's recipe and are SO good.  We had it for supper and the leftovers were gone by lunch the next day.  Make it.  You won't be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment