Pages

Snippets

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Cute pics and a few runs!

I took all of last week off from running as my knee  hurt really bad the previous long run...and I ran with it hurting for quite some time (which wasn't smart) but I was back at it again this week.  Tuesday was a treadmill run and this morning I ran outside in the balmy 36* weather and returned from my run covered in frost.  I didn't know I could frost.  But I can.
 Tuesdays run on the treadmill because it was raining.  This includes a .36 mile cool down.  I set the incline at 1% and really try to work on my "speed".


My run today was a tough one.  I felt like I was running through mud.  I felt sluggish and like I was working WAY too hard to maintain my pace, which is slower than it has been. Probably the cold had something to do with it.  Yeah.  That's probably it.





Sorry for the poor quality of the Max pics.  They're taken on my touch at church (during class!) last night.  And the Luke holding Max pictures are from tonight.  See how up-to-date I am?!?

We've been busy around here.  Last Thursday we had a couple college girls over for supper.  Monday evening my cousin, Analisa, and two of her friends stopped by and spent the night.  They had just finished walking 60 miles in 3 days for the Race for the Cure.  I hadn't seen Analisa in a long time so it was nice to catch up with her.  Luke and Leta were in not-so-rare, but pretty unpleasant form that night.  An audience of THREE! to perform for!  Kyle was gone Tuesday night, and we had a couple of college girls over for supper tonight (different ones).  Tomorrow night is a Body & Soul girls night here, plus an afternoon birthday party.  Saturday I'm co-hosting a baby shower, Sunday church and small group at our place, Monday friends over for supper..whew!  I'm tired just thinking about it! But it will force me to keep my house relatively picked up, so that will be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment