Pages

Snippets

Monday, September 9, 2013

Easter!

Easter 2013 was a special one for our family because Grandma "Binky" and Papa Hap were able to come and visit over this holiday.  They helped dye Easter eggs and hide them and they were able to enjoy watching the kids hunt both at home and at church.  The kids sure do love Grandma Binky and Papa Hap and were so excited to get to spend time with them and were, of course, sad to see them leave.





I also enjoyed the trip because Vicki decided that we should celebrate Kyle's birthday at the Melting Pot with Grandpa Wilbur and Georgeann.  I was more than up for that!  So we got a babysitter and spent the evening catching up at one of my favorite "special" places to eat.

Since all this was near Mother's Day, we decide to get Vicki a gift card to a local specialty shop called Teoli, that sells flavored olive oils, balsamic vinegars and tea.  Vicki and I did well each choosing new flavors of olive oil.  Over the months I have acquired quite a collection: tuscan, garlic, persian lime, and butter flavored olive oils.  They are SOOOO good.  I really can't remember the last time I used "regular" olive oil.  My favorite thing to do with the Tuscan is drizzle about a teaspoon over our broccoli, season it with salt and pepper and roast it in the oven at 400* for 8 minutes.  When we have company, I tend to get the most comments over the roasted veggies with this specialty olive oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment