Pages

Snippets

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Shopping and Easter

For my birthday Kyle volunteered to watch Luke for an entire day on a Saturday, so I could have a break and do whatever I wanted. So, I of course asked if he'd watch Luke Friday night as well =). So this was the weekend. My friends Cindy Sandoval and Shanna Hayes (32 weeks pregnant today!) came with me and we left for Dallas right after Shanna got off work. After a breakfast of the most WONDERFUL Kolaches (sorry mom, these were even better than yours!!!) I'd ever had, we went to IKEA ( a HUGE everything home store). I was in search of baskets for the place at the lake, but didn't find anything. I did get Luke some plastic dishes for at the other house and 2 big puppets (lion and a chicken) and a 10 pack of finger puppets. He LOVES them. We spent a big portion of today putting finger puppets on his little fingers. Then we went to the Allen Outlet mall (nearby suburb) and spent the rest of the day wandering around. We got back late last night. We were all beat, but man I had a good time. I did miss Luke. This was my first time to be away from him overnight. I'm pretty sure I missed him more than he missed me. After all, he was home with daddy.

On our way home when I was dropping Cindy off, I picked up a TON of clothes from her that Isaac has recently outgrown. All that are pictured below are 2T. There were about 4 things that were 18 months, not pictured. Look at all those clothes! That is amazing. I think Isaac had A LOT of clothes. Of course his were mostly all handme downs from his big brother Damian. I'm pretty sure I won't be needing to buy Luke any 2T clothes thanks to them. The only thing he'll need when he gets there are shoes and swim trunks. We owe the Sandovals BIG TIME. THANK YOU JOHNNY, CINDY, DAMIAN AND ISAAC!!!!

Of course, today is Easter and Kyle and I were really excited for this holiday. We felt like Luke would really have a lot of fun with it. And he did! The chocolate and cars were his favoites . It rained all day so the Easter Bunny had to leave his eggs inside the house, but we still had fun.
Luke holding his Easter basket (in a tie from the Sandovals and a hat I bought him in Allen that's too big).

Finding an egg!

Luke's filled Easter basket. He has to share that chocolate bunny with me.

Kyle showing him how to open the eggs.

Luke playing underneath my desk the other day.

Last week. I have a great video of him on the top shelf playing with his train which was put away in a basket. Hopefully I'll get it downloaded and posted soon.

Happy Easter all! I hope Solomon found many eggs!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, those are some mannish legs you've got underneath your desk.....maybe you should get a girlfriend to consult w/ on those Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said it was my desk, but I never claimed those legs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun weekend!!! Don't you just love Ikea!! Glad you girls had fun! Luke is getting so big!!

    ReplyDelete