Pages

Snippets

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Another Visit

This time to Dr. Shanbour. I completely forgot I had the appointment today until I saw the reminder on my email this morning at 8:30. My appointment was for 9:15. So I showered and got ready as fast as I could and made it there by 9:17. 2 minutes late. Not bad. I will try to do better next time. Kyle working from home definitely saved me today!!

I am almost 13 weeks pregnant now. I'm still in my regular clothes (except Sunday, when I wore a maternity dress to church, my skirts are not working for me any more), but I definitely have a "baby bump" to those who know me.

Dr. Shanbour came in to see me and before he listened to the heart beat mentioned that I would be having my big ultrasound in 6 weeks (They still have to call me to schedule so I don't know for sure when that will be yet) and I'll get to find out if we're having a boy or a girl. So I said, so I'm not having an ultrasound today then? Because last pregnancy I got one at my 11 week appointment. It was my favorite one because I could see the entire baby the whole time and could see him moving and kicking. *insert sweet, winning smile. AND IT WORKED! Shanbour went to see if that room was available and it was so I got to have an ultrasound today! The baby was laying face down, hiney up in the air and looks much more pregnant than I do. At first it was just lying there still, sleeping I guess, but then all the poking on it from the ultrasound got it going and it started kicking and wiggling. So cute. It was almost too big to see all of it at once, and I know that even next week, part of him would have been cut off. So I'm glad I got to have that ultrasound today. Here are the pics.


2 comments: