Pages

Snippets

Friday, September 11, 2009

Pass It On

Here is Luke wearing the apron that my cousin Analisa made for me when I was little. She made it as a practice for a 4-H project if I remember correctly. It was in the tub of things my mom saved from when I was little. I got out the two dresses, bonnet, shoes and a couple blankets for Leta to use. I showed Kyle, feeling all sentimental about the things from when I was a baby and he said, "They look kinda old." I'm not very sentimental, but he's even less so than me!

I went to Pass It On this morning, which is a local consignment sale to pick up some clothes for Leta. Can't have a naked baby you know! Last night I went through Luke's tubs of old clothes picking out the things that were more "gender neutral" that I thought would work for Leta. Armed with that list, I went to fill in my gaps. I didn't need a whole lot of night time type stuff, since there was more of that that could carry over. I think there will be just a few things that she'll need, clothes-wise. But I think we're pretty well set. We'll see... No more consignment sales until spring!

Size: Newborn

Size: 0-3 months

Size: 3-6 Kyle was proud that I bought her the ONLY OU thing in her size ranges. Now she just needs a Nebraska something to balance that out. *that was a not so subtle hint*

That's a lot of pink, and I made an effort to get things that were blue, brown and purple etc. so she wouldn't perpetually look like a cotton candy maker exploded on her.

When I got home this morning Luke was a little cranky. He was getting hungry and he had just fallen and hit his head AND he got a quick glimpse of "outside" and wasn't even allowed to play out there. So, life for him was pretty rough at my arrival. It was just a few minutes until lunch time so I put him in his chair. He said, "Need strawberries help feel better." He got some strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment