Pages

Snippets

Saturday, April 10, 2010

New Meal plan that I'm half way done with already!

Luke has become quite possessive lately. Here he is NOT sharing his Cream of Wheat with me. "These are mines, Mommy. You can get your own in the pantries." I hear this every time I ask for a bite of something he has.
Leta dying Easter Eggs

Here's the latest meal plan. I'm 4 recipes into it and just now getting around to posting it. I guess I should also add, that Luke is awake from his nap and playing (i.e. thumping LOUDLY) around in his room...and Leta is awake from her nap and... well...crying on and off in her crib. And here I sit, blissfully ignoring both of them and blogging. Does that say something about my priorities? Or maybe that my 45 minute break from both of them at once, just wasn't quite enough today!!!

Kyle left for the lake house this morning. He's getting the boat serviced today for the summer (yea!!!!!) and he's going fishing tomorrow with Fireman Paul (his workout friend from the gym). So I'm home alone until Monday! I've been considering early retirement from motherhood. Both kids have colds.

Chili Cheese Fries Casserole (from the last meal plan...I didn't make it, so I just carried it over)
Creamy Chicken Penne
Greek Chicken Pasta
Creamy Pasta Primavera
Audra's Beef Strogonoff
Hamburgers
French Toast

Extras:
Granola Bars, Pizza, Chicken Strips, Guacamole, Strawberry Shortcake

We had some friends over for supper and I made the Crockpot Chicken Burrito. For some reason I CANNOT estimate accurately how much of that stuff to make...I made WAY to much. It was ridiculous. We had the guacamole to go with it and I made our first Strawberry Shortcake of the season.

Strawberry Shortcake
1lb strawberries, hulled and halved or quartered
3T powdered sugar
1 c heavy cream
---
2 c flour
1/4 c sugar
1 T baking powder
pinch of salt
1 c heavy cream

Preheat oven to 400. Grease a baking sheet. To make the shortcakes, sift flower into bowl. And sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Gradually add cream, stirring with a fork. Gather clumps, but don't knead. Shape into a 6" log. Cut into 6 slices. Place on baking sheet and sprinkle with sugar. Bake 10-15 minutes until golden brown.

Mash 1/4 of the strawberries with the powdered sugar and the rest of the cut berries. Let stand at room temperature for an hour. Serve with whipped cream.

---Notes: I made a double batch of the shortcake. I don't recommend doing this. They turn out better if you just do two batches separately. I had a hard time stirring that amount, and as a result, I think I over-worked the dough. The cakes came out not quite as well as normal. Not bad, just not my best work. So it could be the double batch or that I let Luke help and he spilled some of it and maybe more baking powder got spilled than should have etc. Who knows. Anyway..they were still good and no one complained! But when it's company and a husband whose taste buds only say, "yummy!" who would complain?!? ...I guess that would be me =)

Okay....off to get the kids from their naps.

1 comment:

  1. I love that you post the recipes. I might have to try the shortcake soon : ) Love the fishing pics! I miss seeing you all. Maybe you can do LL soon?

    ReplyDelete