Pages

Snippets

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Updates!

Kyle: Kyle has been very busy lately. It seems I always say that about him. I think that him being busy isn't an update. We can just assume he's always busy =). I mentioned that he and Traver did not purchase a Timeshare website. Instead they plan on building their own. Currently they're working on a database of all the resorts in North America. When that is completed, then they will build the website and then continue later to finish all the resorts in the world. Last weekend Kyle went on a fishing trip with Fireman Paul (as he is known to Luke). They went to Grand Lake and fished for Spoonbills. They each caught a 45-50lb fish. Kyle brought the meat home. He got a recipe from a friend that he plans on trying out next week.




This week he has been working on fixing his sprayer that he pulls behind the lawnmower. He finally got it completely fixed and working this morning. He plans on fertilizing the lawn on Monday. It supposed to not be windy that day. Kyle had been continuing to run, but has yet again injured his old man hamstring so he thinks he's out for the season. Which is too bad, we had been hoping to all go to Kansas City and watch him run this summer, but it looks like that will no longer work.

Rachel: We have started a new Body and Soul session. I know all the songs except for one, which I don't have to have learned until Wednesday so I'm in good shape for that. We have had several people over lately, reminding me of how much I enjoy that. So that has kept me busy. I feel like we're getting into a bit of a groove now, so maybe I'll get better at continuing to have people over. I don't have anything else new going on with me. I'm the boring one in this house!

Luke: Luke will officially be 2 1/2 tomorrow!!! Time sure does fly! Luke went fishing with Kyle (I posted about that already) but here are some more pictures from that evening.



Luke is still learning, but he is doing much better at being gentle with Leta. We still have a long way to go. I can now be standing several feet away from Leta while they are in the same room for like...maybe a minute or two now! But ALWAYS within seeing distance.

Last night Luke and I went on a "Love Date". Leta and Kyle stayed home and we went to Chick-Fil-A to eat (his choice). It was cold and rainy so we didn't play in the play land but we did get to go to Target afterward!!! I let him pick out a book because it was our "special date". We had fun and I enjoyed getting to spend time with just him since there isn't much of that anymore with me needing to protect Leta from him so much.

Leta: Is now 3 months old. We went to the doctor this past Monday because she was so congested etc. just to get her checked out. She weighed (with wet diaper and clothes) 12lbs 8oz. She had fluid in her ear and I was told to watch for not wanting to suck and a temperature. Which developed yesterday. Which on the plus side, meant we got great naps out of her all day long! Unheard of! But, the poor girl felt horrible so that was no good. I emailed her Dr. and we both assume she went ahead and got her first ear infection. (Luke has never had one before) So she's breaking us in on that front. The ear infection is why she and Kyle stayed home last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment