Pages

Snippets

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Creamy Pasta Primavera

I made this tonight and it was a winner! Kyle and I both loved it. Luke tried the tomatoes and asparagus and deemed them "too sour", but ate everything else. I will definitely be making this one again, and I recommend you do to! It's a one dish meal, which I love and includes so many veggies, that this is all I served for super! Thinking up a "side" dish is a weak point for me so we usually have heated up frozen veggies.

Creamy Pasta Primavera

2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
1 lb chicken, diced and cooked
1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2" pieces
3 medium carrots, cut into thin strips
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup half and half (+ 2 or 3 more Tablespoons)
1/4 tsp pepper

Cook pasta according to package directions. Brown chicken. Remove from skillet. In a large skillet, sauté asparagus and carrots in oil until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in cheese, cream and pepper. Drain pasta; toss with asparagus mixture.

A few notes. The recipe doesn't actually call for chicken, but a meatless meal isn't a winner with my protein lovin' husband, so I added it in. Also, the recipe actually calls for 1/2 cup heavy cream, which I added just a tad more of since I'd added chicken to the recipe. It was really good, a bit rich for me, so when I make it again I will use 1/2 and 1/2 instead. Let me know if you try it with whole milk or something else etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment