Pages

Snippets

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day Out With Thomas

Saturday was the first of our fun fall activities.  We got up bright at early Saturday morning so we could have Thomas pull us in one of his coaches (Clarabell, I was told) at 9:00am.  Luke was excited and the first thing he said to Kyle when he got him out of bed was to ask if it was time to go ride Thomas.  We had time to hit the "gift shop" before the train ride and Luke had many 'wants', but didn't get anything.  But he had fun looking.  After the 20 minute train ride we went and saw the model train, then Luke played a little putt putt.  He wasn't so into that so it was off to the train tables.  They had a large tent set up with around 10 train tables in it.  Luke could've easily stayed right there and played all day long.  We drug him away from that to go see a ventriloquist with her puppets.  Luke had never seen anything like it and he sat so still on Kyle's lap and just watched the whole show. Many kids left and didn't want to sit for the whole thing, but Luke did.  He's talked about the show quite a bit.  After that it was time to go home so Leta could eat lunch and have a nap (she missed her first nap due to Thomas).  Luke started crying and insisted that Leta was neither tired nor hungry.  He had big fun.  They're having a Halloween train October 30th so I think we'll try to do that.  One more chance to wear our costumes at least!  Luke is going to be a monkey and Leta a banana.

I forgot my camera, but Kyle took a bunch on his cell phone but can't find his cable to upload them.  They'll get posted whenever I get them.  All day Saturday I had a horrible sore throat and my ears hurt and I had a headache and I was achy all over.  I finally took my temperature at 8pm last night and discovered I had a low grade fever.  So I put Leta to bed, took some meds and put myself to bed.  Kyle wouldn't let me go to church this morning so I've been a bum all day.  I'm really tired today but feel much better so I guess I'm good to go for B&S tomorrow morning.

Our Okie Power blog (regional B&S blog) has started a new "Challenge" section.  We're using it to play games and have competitions, but it's open for everyone and the challenges are good for anyone to try, so here's a link to that blog.  Okie Power Blog.  One challenge has been posted and another will be posted tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment