Pages

Snippets

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Random Thoughts Thursday

I haven't done a "RTT" post in a long time. Not that you care.

Last night the phone rings. I looked at the caller ID. I was from a 319 area code. So I don't answer (probably a telemarketer) and go to ask Kyle if he's familiar with that area code. He's not, but we hear someone leaving a message on the machine, but still think it's probably a wrong number etc. Kyle listens to the message before bed...it was Michael. We will now start answering the phone for a 319 area code. Sorry!

My friend Alyssa has a little boy who is in 1st grade this year. A few weeks ago she cleaned out some of his old toys and asked if we might like a few hand-me-downs. Of course! She dropped the off this morning while Luke was eating breakfast. So I would like to thank Alyssa for completely occupying Luke ALL MORNING LONG! He didn't get in trouble once! The "best" toy was a Batman set complete with Batman, Robin, the Joker, a Batcave, motorcycle and helicopter. The motorcycle is currently out of commission as he dropped it in the toilet while he was going to the restroom. So now we have to see how it survives a trip through the top rack of the dishwasher.

We are planning a trip to Hobbs to see Kyle's mom, Hap, sister Bridget and her whole family (although in Luke's world that means going to see KALEB!!!!) We haven't been in a long time so this is a much overdue trip. I am NOT excited for the drive, but AM excited to get to spend time with the Vardemans and Cress'. But the thing I am most excited about? I think Hap might actually deputize me this trip. Maybe I'll get to use some of those Body & Soul kickboxing moves I've been working so hard on. I have also been boning up on crime fighting via the TV and through various mystery novelists. I have added another writer to my list of "research", so it will probably be the Nevada Barr addition to the resume that will tip the scales in my favor. Hap is lucky to have me. *wink*

Luke is very excited about fall. He has been asking about his birthday and Halloween and trips to pumpkin patches etc. (And Christmas for that matter) for months now. Really since last Halloween. Anyway, we keep having to tell him, "not until the fall, and that's a really long time from now". Well fall is officially here (even if the weather doesn't agree) and Luke is pumped! I must say, I'm pretty excited too. There just are so many fun things to do this time of year. We'll be starting off our season of craziness (starting now and likely not ending until after Leta's first birthday in January) this weekend with a trip to ride Thomas the Train. We're booked for 9am. That means Leta will be up (willingly) and ready with plenty of time to spare. Kyle and I will be up (grudgingly) and Luke will have to be woken early to get there on time. Luke had fun last year, but I'm expecting him to have an even better time this year. Last year he liked trains but didn't really know who "Thomas" was, having never seen the cartoon at that point. Well, my friends. Things have changed. His whole birthday list involves trains, particularly Thomas, this year. I'll post a "birthday wish" post next.

Kyle orders his protein powder from Body Builders online website. They always send a free plastic cup (which I hate because they don't fit in the dishwasher well) that Kyle makes his protein shakes in. However! This time they sent a free razor. My lucky day! Razors and their blades are so expensive!

We're having Chili Cheese Fries Casserole tonight for supper if either of my readers wants to come over. =)

2 comments:

  1. My own sister doesn't know me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn! I am just now reading this. I would have come yesterday. :-)) When are you going to Hobbs?

    Thanks for the list for Luke's birthday. That is so helpful.

    Love you all. Need to invite myself soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete