Pages

Snippets

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Grandpa Came!









 This picture of y dad and the kids is my favorite!!!

My dad came and visited the first weekend in October.  He flew his little Cessna Skycatcher down here and the timing worked out pretty perfectly.  Luke and I went straight home after Body & Soul and Kyle and Luke went to the Guthrie airport and picked up my dad while I stayed home with Leta to feed her.  The rest of Friday was spent playing inside and out.  Kyle had ordered a cross bow (he's going to try and get a deer with it here in a few weeks) so he and my dad spent nap time trying to get it all figured out and shooting at a target that Kyle had gotten.  After nap time was all outdoor play.  Luke rode his trike and cars and spent time digging in the dirt (a favorite of his).  After Leta woke from her last nap we decided to head out and try a new BBQ place we'd seen called The Boundary.  SO. GOOD.

Saturday morning Kyle and my dad got up bright and early.  Kyle left for the OU/TX game and my dad made a quick trip to Ponca City in the plane to the fly in breakfast they have there and had breakfast with my Pappaw and Grandma Key.  He was back here by 10:30.  Play play play!  After Luke's afternoon nap we went to the Parkhurst Pumpkin patch.  Leta enjoyed being outside in her stroller and looking at all the different things.  Luke liked that he got candy.  He may or may not have also enjoyed their Petting Zoo, hay ride, tire swing, hay maze, tractors and picking out pumpkins.

Sunday we all went to church for the big Oakdale send off.  Afterwards, Kyle met us at our usual after church eatery, QDoba, and was able to eat with us and take the kids home and put them down for naps while I took dad back to the airport for him to head home after a very nice, but too-short trip.

2 comments:

  1. I lOVE Pinehurst Punkin patch!!!! Did you get to pet the skunk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We didn't even see a skunk! So no petting for us.

    ReplyDelete