Pages

Snippets

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

2 Meal plans in 1!

Because I'm just that far behind.  I didn't ever get around to posting my last meal plan.  There were no comments or questions about the lack of meal plan, so I have to assume that all 3 of my readers really enjoy this aspect of my blog. But somehow, if I post my plans I feel like I'm giving my suppers a little bit more validation and the effort of cooking every night is not "wasted". ha!!


Anyway.  Previous meal plan.  All I have left to make on this one is the mini meat loaves tomorrow.  Thursday night will be the biggest grocery shop EVER!


Grilled Chicken with Black Bean and Quinoa Salad
Cheesy Salsa Mini Meatloaves
Baked Ziti
Fajitas
Calzones
Broccoli Tuna Casserole
Mongolian Beef
Country Style Pork and Rice
Chicken Pesto French Bread Pizza
Taco Salad


Tonight we had French Bread Pizza.  I had gotten a recipe for french bread a while ago from my SIL, Audra, but had never gotten around to making it.  I did tonight.  Easy and SO GOOD!  It makes 2 loaves so I used 1 tonight so the other is in the freezer for next time.


French Bread
2 T active dry yeast
2 c warm water
2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
4-5 c flour
1 tsp cornmeal


In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.  Add the salt, sugar and 2 cups flour.  Beat until smooth.  Sir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.  Urn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.  Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top.  cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.  Punch dough down.  Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half.  Shape into (2) 12" long loaves.  Place on greased baking sheet.  Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.  Sprinkle with cornmeal. With a sharp knife, make four shallow slashes across the top of each loaf.  Bake at 450 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.


New Meal plan!!


Sweet and Sour Chinese
Italian Omelette 
Microwave lasagna
Ship Wreck Casserole (New!)
Feta Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Creamy Pasta Primavera
French Toast
Creamy White Chicken Chili
Shepherd's Pie
Chicken Bundles


Extras: Marinated Cheese, candy corn cupcakes, play dough



2 comments:

  1. Italian Omelette was yummy! Everyone loved. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "SIL" is that normal speak?

    ReplyDelete