Pages

Snippets

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Independence Day

It's been a long time since I've blogged.  I just realized I haven't even informed anyone of our 4th of July events.  I'm sure my 3 readers are very disgruntled.


 Leta LOVES Karter.  Karter LOVES Luke.  Karter is slowly learning to tolerate Leta.  Leta can say Karter's name, but not Luke's if that tells you anything.

 Doesn't Karter have HUGE muscles?!?


 Snaps!  We quickly found that they worked better dumped out on the ground and stomped on.

We had a low key 4th of July.  Sunday evening we went to our friends house for a very yummy supper and popped off some "kid friendly" (although aren't sparklers one of the more dangerous fireworks?) fire crackers.  Monday morning we got up and headed to the Edmond Parade where we met up with the Hayes again.  No pictures from there.  Leta got a balloon that I tied to her wrist that made a very nice leash.  She didn't venture too far.  About the time she would manage to get brave, something "intimidating" or loud would go past and she would be right back in my lap.  Luke did a very good job of staying seated next to me and watching.  It was really hot (when has it NOT been really hot this summer?) and the kids ate watermelon while they sweated in the sun.  Still no nighttime fireworks for the kids again this year.  Being out all morning wore me out so I was glad we skipped fireworks that evening as I was in bed before 9:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment