Pages

Snippets

Monday, January 23, 2012

Leta is TWO!

Can you believe it?  I can't!  My babies are just growing up so fast!  On one hand I just want time to slow down so I can have more time with them when they're small, but on the other hand, the days are sometimes SO LONG!

Leta was very excited for her birthday and her birthday party the next day.  We didn't really do anything special on her actual birthday except talk about her party the next day.  Leta lucked out and Kyle's sister, Bridgette and her husband Danny and their son Kaleb (Madison was missing...we missed you!) were in town for a Thunder basketball game and got to come to Leta's party.

I made her a "Kitty Cat Cake" since she really likes cats and frequently requests that we draw them for her.

I think it turned out really well.  I was quite proud of myself (cake decorating is NOT my forte) and it was very simple to make.  I had red glitter gel on hand left over from our Christmas sugar cookie making and I used raisins for the eyes and mini chocolate chips for the whiskers.  Leta liked it and that's all that really matters.  She kept putting her arms around the cookie sheet and saying, "My cake." or "My kitty cat".  She's got quite the little possessive personality going so I think we're all lucky she let us have some of her cake without throwing a fit.

She was really excited to get to eat her cake but when everyone started singing to her, she looked around and realized everyone was LOOKING at her and singing TO her...well, she wasn't quite as into that and quickly requested that I hold her.  We ate cake and ice cream first.



Next it was time to open presents.  Leta was excited for this and definitely knew what it was all about having just practiced up over Christmas.  However, she was still to slow at opening for Luke's taste.

She had a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment