Pages

Snippets

Monday, November 12, 2012

First trip to the E.R.!

Saturday night Erin was watching the kids while Kyle and I were going to catch a quick bite to eat and then to see a movie.  As we were leaving Panera I got a call from Erin saying Leta had fallen off her stool while eating supper and had pretty severely cut her chin.  She had texted a picture of the cut to her mom asking if she thought she would need stitches, but her mother was unsure.  I had Erin text me a picture.  Behold.
 And this doesn't really do it justice.  So, I got this text from Erin, to which I replied asking her to clean in up a bit and send a new picture so I could see the cut better.  No.  This IS the cut.  Our neighbor and wonderful woman, who happens to be a nurse, came down and checked it out and confirmed she thought it would need 2-3 stitches.  So, no movie for us, we came home.  I took Leta to the new Integris hospital to their ER.  I put her in her PJ's because I was expecting a long night.  She wanted to wear her crown she'd gotten earlier that day at a birthday party.  She was by far the cutest person in that ER.  We lucked out and no one else was in the waiting room and we got right in.  We saw the Dr, and turns out glue is the new stitches, so he pinched her cut together, secured it and then spread glue all over it.  We had to hold her head still and hands down while the glue dried since that glue is apparently really powerful stuff!  If you think her cut in the above picture looks bad, you should've seen it after the nurse cleaned it.  It looked even worse.  It was so deep!  Leta was a trooper though and never once cried or complained.  She followed the doctors and nurses directions perfectly (making me look like a terrific parents...thanks Leta! hahaha) and won the star patient of the night award.  All the staff just really went on and on about how great she did.  And I have to say, I agree.
 All bandaged up in the ER

No comments:

Post a Comment