Pages

Snippets

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Leta is 3!




If you're thinking, "how is that possible!?!?"  I am right there with ya!  We had Leta's "family" birthday party on January 12th.  We ended up with a bit of a weather scare, it was drizzly and cold and things were starting to freeze and the forecast predicted more rain to come, but we stuck with it and lucked out with the weather, it didn't continue or get worse, however we did have some who didn't want to risk the drive if things did take a turn for the worse.  Leta was SOOO excited for her party.  She has been talking about her birthday party since October when Luke had his!  It was small, but she was happy.  She got really excited at each arrival and felt very proud of herself to get to answer the door each time.

I made her a "Rapunzel Tower Cake" which for my lack of decorating skills turned out quite nicely, I thought, but I won't be expecting any calls requesting me to decorate a cake.  I had it all planned out that Leta would open the gifts that I knew were clothes first so she would be excited about them and then toys next, but Luke knew which package contained the "big toy gift" and he could hardly stand the excitement and so she opened a Rapunzel Tower near the beginning and could hardly open anything after that.  I finally opened a few for her to speed things along.  Sorry for the cake only photos, Kyle took the pictures on his phone and I haven't gotten copies of them from him yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment