Pages

Snippets

Saturday, January 26, 2013

New Years Goals

It's almost February, and I think by now, statistically most people have already failed/quite their New Year's Resolutions, but I'm not that late announcing them am I?

I like to have a lot of Goals/Resolutions, that way, surely I'll succeed at some, fail at others, but odds are I won't be a TOTAL failure! *wink*

1.  Floss Daily.  I make this one every year and fail miserably every year.  But I'm happy to announce, I'm still going strong!
2.  Do a better job of keeping on top of the house.  Cleaner, more picked up etc.  So far I'm doing really well at going to bed at night with a pretty descent house.  I'm trying to follow the "1 minute Rule", which is, if it takes less than 1 minute to do, don't say, "I'll do it later." (this is another annual and annually broken resolution)
3.  Practice yoga (2-3 times per week) for stretching purposes.  I found a paid ($2.99) app that I had seen recommended, Yoga Studio.  It has "classes" of varying lengths (15 min. 30 min., 1 hr. etc) that have different focuses, like balance, strength, core, flexibility etc.  and each of these subcategories and times are available at the beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels.  I have completed 15 minutes of beginner flexibility  and let's just say that I might need a pre-beginner level. haha.
4.  Use my post bedtime time more effectively.  I do NOT mean, cleaning, picking up, chores etc.  I like my evening.  I like a lot of down time.  I DO mean a little picking up/straightening etc. but mostly I want to use this time to foam roll, stretch, do yoga etc.  Relaxing activities that I never seem to get accomplished during the day.
5.  Run 1000 miles in 2013.  I made this goal in 2012 also and I was ~150 miles shy of reaching it.  But taking most of December off to try to recover from Plantar Fasciitis certainly didn't help the mileage count!

No comments:

Post a Comment