Pages

Snippets

Friday, October 23, 2009

New Meal Plan and Recipes


Time for a new meal plan! It seems like the last one didn't last very long. Probably about 2 weeks since I planned 10 meals =). I did make french toast and we had leftovers one night, but other than that, there wasn't anything going on that really threw me off our meal plan or caused me to not have to cook. And I just realized I never posted it. Oh well. You'll get over it, although I don't know how both of you, readers, survived without knowing what we were eating *wink*.

New Meal Plan
Hobo Chicken
Macaroni and Cheese
Michael and Audra's BBQ Ribs
Cin Chili
White Chicken Chili Enchiladas
Baked Ziti
Chicken Tortilla Crockpot Stuff
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
7-Layer Dinner

Extras: Pumpkin pie (using puree that I'm going to make from the pumpkin I get tonight at the Orr Family Farm), turkey breast, dried beans. Brown beef.

I like to make a turkey breast in the Crockpot occasionally. I get about 6 cups + of all white meat turkey. I then bag it in 2 cup baggies and freeze it. It makes soup, flautas, manicotti etc much less time consuming to make. The manicotti and flautas would be recipes that I would reserve for company only if I didn't have the cooked meat frozen on hand.

I also am going to try my hand at making my own beans from the dried beans, not from cans. Probably better for us, and definitely cheaper. I think I can find a Crockpot recipe that should make it easier. Then I'll freeze the beans in baggies with 1 cans worth each. I'll let you know how it goes for me =). I'm going to try black beans, which we use all the time, and Great Northern Beans, which I don't use as often, but still pretty frequently.

I'm also low on hamburger meat so I'll try to get some on sale at Sams this week, usually about 6lbs or so and I brown it all up with a couple pounds of deer meat from the deer Kyle got last season and stretch a buck that way.

The "Cin Chili" is a chili seasoning mix I saw of the Food Network. I like the show Throw Down with Bobby Flay, where he challenges someone at their specialty and then a couple judges do a blind taste test to determine the winner. It the Chili throwdown, Bobby and his competitor Cindy something tied. It mentioned on the show she sells her seasoning packets so I went online and found them and ordered one. It has directions on the back as to how to then prepare the chili, so we're trying that chili this plan. It'd better be good. She's won tons of chili cookoffs.

We had Grandpa Wilbur and Georgeanne over for supper and made Fierro Chicken. So good, but not so good for you. Perfect for having company though. I linked to the recipe for it above.

I also made Chili Cheese Fries Casserole again last night. It was the first time Traver had had it. It got a 9.8 something something AND a, "This is pretty boo-yeah". So there's the link to that recipe as well.

1 comment:

  1. The Fierro Chicken was very good and so glad you included the link to the recipe. However, just want everyone to know that we didn't know how "not healthy" it was until we were stuffed. :-)

    ReplyDelete