Pages

Snippets

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Back from the Brink.


We've had a rough weekend here at the Soper house. It all began when Luke threw up BIG three times after Body and Soul Friday morning. And then during his nap. And then twice in the night. And then again Saturday during the day. And Saturday night. And Sunday morning.

That's when things got bad. Sunday afternoon Kyle and I got it. At the same time. Kyle's throw up schedule was about 5 minutes ahead of mine. At one point I was able to get a sandwich made for Luke for his supper and then I had to lay down. Sometime after that Kyle was able to get him down from his chair. I don't know how long he sat there or how much he ate... Kyle stumbled back to bed and I was on the couch. I put America's Funniest Home Videos on for Luke (he loves that show) and around 7:30 he started asking to go to bed (that's when you KNOW your two year old is sick). I could tell I was about to throw up and wouldn't be able to make it up the stairs with him and I could hear Kyle throwing up, so I had to tell Luke, "Wait until Daddy is done throwing up and then he can take you to bed." Kyle and I were not functioning well at all so we called Grandpa Wilbur and Georgeanne to come spend the night with us in case Luke got sick again. He did at 2am and I was able to go up and help with that so I was feeling some better.

Monday morning I noticed that while I was feeling a bit better, I hadn't been feeling Leta move so I called the Dr. and at 38+ weeks they had me go to the hospital and get hooked up to monitor Leta's heart rate. I got to the hospital at 10am (was driven by a friend) and got home at 3. She was "non reactive". They knew it wasn't an emergency situation, but when watching a babies heart rate, their HR is supposed to spike twice every 10 minutes and they should sustain that for 30 minutes. Well drinking juice and having a meal wouldn't have the lasting effect that they needed it to so they decided they decided I needed an ultra sound, which she passed 8/8 so I was sent home. The final decision was that with me being sick and not eating and not able to keep anything down and getting dehydrated that she was feeling it. Thankfully I got well relatively soon and we're on the mend now and I can feel that Leta is getting to be more her normal self. And I go to the doctor again Wednesday.

AND the best news. Luke didn't throw up at all last night or today. Kyle and I got a full nights sleep last night...much needed. I think we may finally be on the mend around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment