Pages

Snippets

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Masses have begged...and now I answer

And by "masses" I mean 1 person.  And by "beg" I mean, casually mention.  So, without further ado......


Shepherd's Pie
2 1/2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cooked
1 c sour cream (lite)
Salt, pepper,and milk to taste
2 lbs lean ground beef, browned
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 can corn, drained
1 can Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom soup
1/2 milk
1 tsp garlic salt

Mash potatoes with sour cream, salt, pepper, and milk to taste.  Set aside.  Lightly sautee onions and pepper.  In a large bowl combine sauteed vegetables and all other ingredients (besides mashed potatoes).  Spread mixture into an ungreased 3 qt. baking dish.  Top with the mashed potatoes.  Drizzle a little melted butter on the potatoes to help it brown up.  Bake uncovered at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.


*When I made the recipe today, I used green pepper instead of red, chopped up some carrots and 1 rib of celery and sauteed all of that.  I also don't "drizzle butter". I spray the top with a fake butter spray...it does the same thing and saves calories.

Our family really likes this recipe and everyone eats it and eats it well.  I also never have to worry about the leftovers going bad.  This recipe makes  TON so you WILL have leftovers.  Enough for another meal for your whole family, probably.

2 comments:

  1. I have actually wanted this recipe for a while but I know you like to make your good recipes and not share so that way we have to come to your house to get the yum yums

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm over that. I still love when people request something they know I make...I think we all like that compliment. All my recipes are an open book. Request away!

    ReplyDelete