Pages

Snippets

Monday, January 3, 2011

Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas.

Christmas Eve as I was making Rollo Pretzels, my mom called at 11:45am and wanted to know if we were still going to be home for the holidays.  We were, which was good since they left an hour later to drive to our house! They arrived that night after the kids were in bed.  We didn't tell Luke they were coming, we decided to let it be a surprise.  I did tell Leta, but she's good at keeping a secret.

Christmas morning Luke woke up a little after 7 and I directed him into our guest bedroom where he was surprised to find Grandma and Grandpa.  His excitement at seeing them was soon overshadowed by the fact that he knew his stocking was full downstairs and was allowed to get into it right away.

 Luke got a "ca-tar" from Santa.

 His other present from Santa was Cranky the Crane.  He's been wanting this for months.
 Leta opening a present and enjoying the Tea Ring mom brought down.

 Kyle getting in touch with his inner "rock star"
 Leta loves her Busy Ball popper from Gma and Gpa!
 Reading Ferdinand the Bull
 I let Leta borrow my scarf.  I would've never guessed her raiding my closet would start so young.
 She may look good in a hat, but she won't hardly keep it on to show you!
 Pappaw and Grandma Key were able to visit for an afternoon.
 What?!?  Christmas is OVER!?!

We had a nice relaxing day opening presents and playing toys all day long. It was a very Merry Christmas indeed.

Kyle's mom was able to come Tuesday afternoon and spend the night and most of the next morning with us.  She had heard about the bare state of Leta's wall and brought several adorable hangings for her room.  Luke also is busy playing with the train mat she brought him.  He must've been a very good boy indeed.

And electric blankets are the greatest invention ever.  I am now the owner of my very first one.  I don't know how I've survived all these years without one.

No comments:

Post a Comment