Pages

Snippets

Friday, February 15, 2008

Luke is sick.

I chose this "sick" color because it matches the feelings of our house right now. Tuesday night I had a little coughing spell, which felt like just a tickle in my throat. Wednesday morning Luke started coughing a dry cough. Wednesday night it was a wet cough. I wasn't to concerned yet, because he didn't have a fever and other than the cough, was fine. However, Wednesday night he woke up at 1:30 and then woke up every 45 minutes or so. He did go right back to sleep and didn't even cry every time he woke up. Needless to say, he felt much worse Thursday. He still had his cough, but now a low grade fever and a runny nose to go with it. He's not a good nap taker, and I really wanted him to get a lot of rest yesterday so his two morning naps he slept on me reclined on the couch. Since I didn't feel good either, a lazy morning holding my sweet baby was just what I needed. He had some trouble going down last night...even got too mad to nurse, which is really saying something for him =) He finally went to sleep in his crib at 8:30, only to wake up at 9:00, screaming his little head off. It took me 30 minutes to get him calmed down and back asleep in his bed. At this point, I didn't have high hopes for the night, but he didn't wake up again and slept until 8:05 this morning! He's feeling much better today, but still coughing and a runny nose. He took his first nap and is really fighting this second one. He just can't stay down, and wouldn't go down while I was holding him either. We shall see. He didn't have a temperature when he woke up, but I'll take it again after his nap to make sure it stays away. I must say, infant Tylenol is a lifesaver. Luke is a very pittiful sick baby. He couldn't even be happy in his swing yesterday. Normally he doesn't like you to sit while you hold him, especially if he's tired, but yesterday he didn't mind at all. Today, we mind again. Hopefully this passes soon. I'm still not all the way better, but feel better than I did yesterday. I'm still coughing and have only a slight headache.

No comments:

Post a Comment