Pages

Snippets

Friday, February 15, 2008

Move over Martha

So, yesterday was Valentine's Day. Not the most enjoyable one we've ever had at our house, and Luke's was the WORST one he's ever had...it was also the best he's ever had...since it's the only one!

For Christmas Kyle got me the Pasta Maker attachments for my KitchenAid mixer that I'd been wanting. I used it for the first time yesterday, and it was really quick and easy. I made whole wheat pasta, and it turned out great. I made a stuffing that I use to make calzones with and used it to, instead, make great big ravioli's. They turned out really well and I must say, I am very proud of myself. Homemade noodles? Martha Stewart has NOTHING on me anymore (except she probably knows how to fold a fitted sheet....hmmmm). Wednesday I made a chocolate layer cake with a peanut butter chocolate ganache, so that's what we had for dessert. Kyle gave the cake a 10 and the raviolis a 10 also. Traver gave the cake a 9.9 and the raviolis a 9.9something. He's my tougher critic. hahaha!
On a side note, I've decided to be generous with my recipes, that really aren't mine to begin with, so it be looking for Strawberry Shortcake, Bundt cake and Strawberry pie coming your way soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment