Pages

Snippets

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day

Luke playing hide-n-seek with Grandma
Hiding under the pillows!
PEEK!
Hiding!
Playing hide-n-seek with Grandma on the couch.

We had a great Memorial Day weekend.  Kyle's brother spent the night Friday night and the two of them went to Pond Creek to see Dana Saturday morning.  Kyle came home Sunday night.  I guess they had big fun (except for the ticks!)  Mom got to our house Saturday at 5pm.  Dad called at 6 and needed picked up in Kingfisher (he'd dropped off some equipment for a friend of his who is going to be doing the wheat harvest this year) and I went and picked him up.  We got home just in time to see Luke for a few minutes before bedtime.  Sunday we went to church and dad started building Luke's playset.  Monday morning was spent playing with Luke (see above pics) and working on the playset.  We grilled hamburgers for lunch and then mom and dad were off to Ponca City to see my Pappaw and Grandma Key.  Kyle spent the rest of Monday working on leveling the playset and getting it attached to the ground.

Luke was very good for his visit from his Grandparents and sat...ish  with Grandpa all through church.  When I was gone Saturday picking up dad and mom was watching Luke he took advantage of Grandma not knowing all the rules and sat on the window sills.  A lot.  I've also switched Luke to a one nap a day schedule.  He has been taking a morning nap at his regular time but then not going down for his afternoon nap.  So starting yesterday we moved his morning nap back until after lunch.  I know it'll take a while for him to adjust and start taking longer naps, but so far...he STINKS at one nap a day.  Yesterday he slept for 1 hr 10 min and thought he was all done.  And today he slept for an hour and is now upstairs crying off and on.  And upstairs he will stay.  His nap is NOT over.  We'll see how long it takes.  He was pretty cranky all day yesterday.  Cranky in the morning because he stayed up later than normal and cranky in the afternoon because he didn't have enough sleep in him.  We shall see.  He's quite pittiful.  I can hear him crying "mama mama" and "daddy daddy".  

I survived my root canal yesterday. I got to the dentist tomorrow for more fillings.  My poor jaw.  And I'll have to schedule to get a crown on the root canal tooth. sheesh.

2 comments:

  1. eek... your freaking me out about the dentist. I havent gone since Mat and I have been married.. and I'm pretty sure I'll have a similar diagnosis :)

    Kenron has started skipping afternoon naps too! I think its bizarre that he goes down great for the first one, and then not great for the second one.. oiy I have been contemplating switching to one long one in the afternoon. But I'm not convinced yet. Maybe its just me wanting two breaks during the day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have dental insurance and better teeth than me.

    Give K some time. He might just be going through a weirdo phase right now or something. There are advantages and disadvantages to 1 nap or 2.

    ReplyDelete