Pages

Snippets

Monday, February 8, 2010

Luke is funny.


Today:

Luke: "Leta, be quiet, I'm trying to play toys."

Me to Luke: I love you! (over and over and over and over)
Luke: Mommy, I don't like that song.

Saw this recipe on Elizabeth Mullins blog today and had to try it since I had all the ingredients.

She renamed the recipe, so I thought I could, too.

Peanut Butter Granola Balls AKA POWER BALLS!

1 Cup Natural Peanut Butter
1/2 - 3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup raisins, craisins, or your favorite dried fruit
1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup freshly ground flax seed
2-3 cups whole oats


Step 1 - Mix peanut butter & honey together.
Step 2 - Mix in all other ingredients.
Step 3 - Line pan with wax paper & scoop out decent sized balls to store in the refrigerator or freezer.

They're no bake and really fast and easy to make. I used a cookie scoop to make my balls. I got 29 balls.

NEW! Additional tips!  If you double the recipe, 1 small jar of peanut butter fits the bill.  I have also started switching to agave nectar instead of honey.  I also like to add cinnamon and ~100grams of vanilla whey protein powder and about 1/2 cup less of the oatmeal.  I like Quick Oats because they're smaller.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Girl! Glad you liked them! I like what you named them better! Sounds better anyways!

    ReplyDelete