Pages

Snippets

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Carrots!


Mom and dad with Luke. Yes, that is my dad. Some of you may not have recognized him with out a newspaper in front of his face to hide from the camera. Grandchildren are bringing out a whole new side to him =P

We have been having a bit of a difficult time getting Luke to eat solids. Maybe no more than is normal, but how would we know that?!? Anyway, we the doctor told us to go ahead and move on, even though Luke wasn't doing so hot in the cereal category. So we gave him green bean, which he liked. We gave him gren beans mixed with oatmeal, which he liked a little better. Then we gave him carrots mixed with oatmeal. Oh. My. Goodness. I couldn't shovel bites into his little mouth fast enough. To the point where he was having trouble breathing. I tried to get him to slow down but he would just look at me, lean forward and HANG HIS MOUTH OPEN for another bite. The first time he ate carrots I could tell he liked them really well. He would dive at the spoon a little bit, but wasn't opening his mouth very well. The second and third times he got his mouth opening figured out and the Great Carrot Race was on! His third try was amazing. I hear that when Solomon feeds himself, he's a bit of a speed racer manman. I've never seen this...but I wonder if Luke was trying to give him a run for his money. I don't have pictures of the carrot eating...no time! But I did include a picture from his first eating adventure. My how far he's come.

No comments:

Post a Comment