Pages

Snippets

Friday, May 16, 2008

Take a picture and hang it on the wall.

This evening was perfect. Luke woke up from his nap, Kyle and I ate supper (grilled chicken and corn), and then like most evenings, we went for a paddle boat ride on 'Lil Red (though she's actually blue). Luke was snuggly and sat on my lap and sucked his thumb...no baby wrestling tonight like some nights. There was not a single cloud in the sky. It was the perfect temperature. A little cool with a warm sunshine. There was zero wind and no bugs. And I was with Kyle and Luke. If I could take a picture of this evening and hang it on my wall to see forever, I would. 100% content.

It was also a good evening for seeing things. We saw frogs, turtles, jumping fish, tons of squirrels, birds, and the beaver (he slapped his tail at us two times) and a large owl. We hooted at him for a long time, but he never talked back.

Right now Luke is in bed, asleep. He went down without crying. Yup. Tonight was a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment