Pages

Snippets

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Nebraska

The best of the 50 nifty United States. Our trip went really well. We had a good time and Luke did better than I expected. We left Thursday night after I had fed him at 8pm and we drove to Concordia and spent the night. Luke slept the whole way there (as planned) and then went right back to sleep in the hotel when we arrived.

We got up and left the next morning after he ate. He took 2 poor naps in the car, and basically cried the rest of the time. He does NOT enjoy his carseat. His drive time limit is about 20 minutes. You can't really get anywhere in 20 minutes.

We got to mom and dad's at 2:30. Mom and I left Luke with Kyle to take a nap and we went to the grocery store. It had snowed earlier that morning but it was all gone by the time we arrived. Michael, Audra and Solomon arrived around 6-6:30. Solomon hadn't done any better than Luke in the car. We ate supper and the babies went to bed at 8 and then we played cards. Luke slept all night long! I thought a new location/traveling might throw him off, but he was terrific! My grandparents came Saturday for supper. It was their first time to meet Luke. I think he passed inspection. We went to church Sunday and visitied my grandparents again Tuesday. Kyle and I ...both of us...at the same time! left Luke with my mom and went to the gym Monday and Tuesday. It was a very romantic first two dates after Luke! hahaha.

This was the second time for Luke to meet his cousin Solomon. This time Solomon kept taking all of Luke's toys he was playing with and either he would take off with them as fast as he could go, or he'd throw them at Luke's head. Luke took it like a baby. haha

We left mom and dad's Tuesday night at 8 and Kyle drove all the way to Salina! So we only had 3 1/2 hrs left to drive yesterday. Luke slept 1 hr, cried 1 1/2 hrs and was happy for 30 minutes of that drive. We got home yesterday around 12:30.

It was great to see everyone. I was very excited to get to see Michael, Audra and Solomon. He has changed so much in the 5 months since I saw him last. And I was very excited for my dad to see Luke again (he hadn't seen him since Thanksgiving) and for Luke to meet my grandparents.

I think we'll try to go again this summer or fall. Luke needs his Grandma and Grandpa Olson! As well as Solomon!

No comments:

Post a Comment