Pages

Snippets

Thursday, December 17, 2009

I. AM. A. GENIUS!


Luke and I made sugar cookies a few nights ago. Just cutting them out and getting them baked with the "help" of this particular two-year-old was stressful enough for me. Above picture should be enough of an explanation as to why it was stressful. The kid is a MESS! Anyway, we'd made the cookies but had never decorated them. I'm taking what's left of them to our end of the year fellowship at Body and Soul tomorrow for the kids so they needed frosted. One of my projects today for during Luke's nap time. While making the glaze is when I had my epiphany.

I made my glaze, poured some into a lid, or other shallow dish with sides (should be large enough to fit your largest cookie entirely, but if it's too big you'll waste a lot of frosting) and then added my dye. THEN I DIPPED EACH COOKIE INTO THE GLAZE, COVERING THE TOP COMPLETELY AND THEN USED MY CLEAN FINGER TO WIPE OFF EXCESS/SMOOTH THE GLAZE. (I'm sure there is some sort of utensil that would work better, but, whatev.) They turned out perfect! The tops are smooth, completely covered....gorgeous! And I probably spent 1/10 of the time it would normally take to frost cookies! That's always the most labor intensive part. I think for tomorrow, I'm just going to leave them like they are, but if you were totally ambitious, after the glaze layer sets you could easily pipe on more frosting to outline or decorate in some other way, too.

Maybe you all have known about the Cookie Dipping Method (or CDM as I like to call it) for forever, but I just figured it out. So maybe I'm not a genius...maybe I'm just incredibly slow, but either way? I feel great right now!!!!

2 comments:

  1. hmmmm....that is a great idea. I didn't know this. I made sugar cookies for K's Dr. frosted them and all....but ours mmmmm sat there with no frosting because I got so tired of doing it. Next time I'll know. Thanks a bunch for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Solomon thinks Luke is being silly here.

    ReplyDelete