Pages

Snippets

Thursday, December 24, 2009

I'm Dreaming of a white Christmas...






Just like the ones we had in Nebraska...but not so much in Oklahoma! So this is really something here. Most of the interstates and major highways are closed. There is a HUGE car pileup on one of the interstates. But I have to say, this actually does qualify as a blizzard at times. It's snowing steadily and the wind is goin' at it Okie style =).

Kyle is more excited about the snow than Luke and let me tell you. Luke. Is. Excited. But neither of them are as excited as Kyle's brother Jeremy who has been calling all day and making Kyle send him picture after picture of the snow. Jeremy lives in Houston, but I think if his wife Angie would let him, he just might drive up so HE can play in the snow, too!

Kyle and Luke just came in from outside. Luke thinks he built a snowman, but I think just because they've been talking about building one. The snow is too powdery and won't pack. Luke did sled on my jelly roll pan 4 or 5 times Kyle said. They're inside now and Luke is drinking hot chocolate (homemade!...with the frequency of OK snow, what kind of mother would I be if I didn't make it from scratch?!?!) and begging to watch the Polar Express. The boys are headed upstairs right now to the theater room to watch it.

1 comment: