Pages

Snippets

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Catch Up!

I went to the Dr. today.  I'm 30 weeks along and the baby is measuring 29 weeks so take THAT Walmart checker lady who felt the need to go on and on and on and ON.... about how big I am and how I look like I'm going to pop, and WHEN am I going to have that baby, and has the doctor given you any idea how big that baby is?  I mean, how much does he weigh?!?!?!  Seriously.  On her behalf, she was young and had most likely never been pregnant herself.  This is what I told myself over and over.  Not only did I not resort to sarcasm, I don't THINK I even gave her any dirty looks.  Shanna was there though, so she might have a different opinion.  I feel that the square footage of my mansion in heaven got expanded.

More Dr. talk. One time I told mom that I thought I was Dr. Shanbour's favorite patient.  She quickly assured me that I wasn't, that it was merely a sign that he's a good Dr.  Well today Shanbour told me I was one of his favorites, so BOO YEA MOM! *wink*.  So I told him that story and he admitted it was probably some of both.  Good bedside manner + he just thinks I'm wonderful *more winking*.  Really I think all it would take is a patient to consistently be on time and follow instructions.  I did NOT tell him I just got back from a weekend trip that was longer than an 1 1/2 drive...which according to him is a no no after 28 weeks.

We had a great Memorial Day weekend at the lake.  I excepted that lake to be super packed because of the holiday, but it wasn't at all, which was nice.  The water was COLD.  Luke was the only one who thought it was just fine.  Brandon and Kyle went early Friday morning and got the boat in the water, Shanna and I brought the kids up after their naps.  Luke woke up Saturday morning throwing up, but without a fever.  We weren't really sure what to do.  No fever, but sick, and has been begging to go to the lake since before last October...so we stayed and he was fine after his nap Saturday afternoon.  Now we're just hoping no one else catches it. So far we're all fine.

I am now keeping my laundry in the laundry basket and putting that on Luke's activity table so I don't have to bend over to get the clothes to fold them.  I find the floor is getting farther and farther away these days.

1 comment: