Pages

Snippets

Sunday, October 14, 2007

4 weeks until my due date!

The nursery is coming along GREAT. It is SO CLOSE to being done. I think it will be completely finished tomorrow or perhaps Tuesday. So....no pictures for you guys yet! I want to wait until it's all finished to have "The Big Reveal".

I've also been working hard trying to get a few things finished up around the house. I managed to pick out fabric for the breakfast nook and the formal dining room for curtains mostly all by myself. My friend Shanna's grandmother is a curtain maker and she's done all the curtains in the house so far, and after this last installment, I think we will be done. I just dropped the fabric off to her yesterday so it'll probably be November sometime before they get installed. I chose a more brightly colored striped fabric for the breakfast nook that she will make into Roman Shades for me. I think it'll turn out pretty casual, and a more subdued silk stripe fabric for the formal dining room. She will make cafe curtains out of that. I'm excited to see it all finished...and to not be blinded by the setting sun during supper every night.

Kyle finished painting the changing table today. He put the car seat in my car and our extra base in his Nitro this past Thursday....all we have left is to let the changing table dry, put it in the room and hang Luke's name above the bathroom door. I think our hanging marathon will be tomorrow. And it WILL be a marathon. We don't like to hang just one or two things at a time. Oh no. We hoard until we have a bazillion things and then do it all at once. So, that's on schedule for tomorrow, and then Tuesday we'll finish hanging all the things we didn't get done the day before because we found out we needed a little something to hang it with that we didn't have. It always happens. I'm prepared this time.

I also had good news from my mom this week. She had thought she wouldn't be allowed to extend her Thanksgiving break (she teaches 3rd grade in Randolph, NE) to come and see Luke longer, but she formally asked this week, and got approved to take her SICK DAYS!! (instead of personal days) even! So, she'll be able to be here from the 16th through the 25th. Dad won't be able to come that long, I assume, but he'll come later for Thanksgiving. He had a birthday this past Friday, the 12th, by the way! Happy Birthday!

Since I'm withholding nursery pictures for the time being, I'll include a picture of my brother and sister-in-law's ( Michael and Audra) baby, Solomon Isaac for your viewing pleasure.

1 comment: