Pages

Snippets

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Big Reveal

THE NURSERY IS FINISHED! We've been working on it slowly, but surely and we finished up last night....and I must say, it looks great! Luke doesn't know how lucky he is! haha Kyle did all of the painting and it took forever, because it was a lot of work, and it looks great. This was one of those times when it was great to be married to a perfectionist! The above picture is a view from the doorway.


Before
Here is Kyle working on the priming the changing table. During. After
Here is the crib. I never found any baby bedding I really liked so I got this twin size quilt instead. I really like it. It's more little boy and not baby-ish.
Here is the the door to Luke's bathroom. My friend Aubrey, who is very crafty, custome-made the letters for me. They look so great. She also did his initials that are on a shelf in the built ins. Aubrey does TONS of different things and has great ideas. She's even gone into business. You should check out her website. http://www.blessingsandbows.com/index.html


This last picture is of the changing table and the chair we found. I'm thinking I'll end up spending quite a bit of time there. We'll see.

I went to the Doctor this morning. Routine. Nothing exciting. I do start going every week from here on out. My "safety" date is October 21...less than a week away, so he can come anytime after that. Hopefully he'll keep cooking at least until November. I've committed to helping at church on Halloween and some of my friends and I are going to a HUGE craft/decorators show on the 27th.

7 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful!!! You guys did a GREAT job!! Love it! Thanks for the plug:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! Luke is very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks spectacular!!! great job guys!! I know you are so excited! it's getting soooo close!!! Ok, what big sale are you talking about on the 27th? fill a girl in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE LUKE!!! A bit impatient are ya? Good thing you're momma and daddy were ready for you!!! Rachel that is so funny he came after all of our conversations on WEd! You are one organized lady and it's like you knew he was coming!!!!
    we love you guys and so glad luke is here safe and sound!!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS!
    O

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE LUKE!!! A bit impatient are ya? Good thing you're momma and daddy were ready for you!!! Rachel that is so funny he came after all of our conversations on WEd! You are one organized lady and it's like you knew he was coming!!!!
    we love you guys and so glad luke is here safe and sound!!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS!
    O

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the world Little Luke. You get to use that awesome room your mommy and daddy did for you. Can't wait to meet you.
    Shanna and Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Luke is darling!!! He'll fit perfectly in his new room! Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy!!

    ReplyDelete