Pages

Snippets

Friday, October 26, 2007

Our Baby Burrito is here!

Here is my last pregnant picture! I have already had my epidural, so that smile is GENUINE!
Here is Luke right after delivery getting some Oxygen. He didn't enjoy being born so much. Even after he was in such a hurry to do it!

He's just a little guy!
This is what he looks like most of the time. A sleeping Baby Burrito!
I really don't think I'm biased when I say he is THE CUTEST baby ever!!
Here is Dr. Shanbour with Luke and the nursing team from the NICU.
My water broke Oct. 18 at 3am. Since it was 3 1/2 weeks early, I didn't know what was going on, and after some debate we decided to go to the hospital, fully prepared to have them tell us to go home. But they didn't! My water had broken, but I hadn't had any contractions or anything yet, so at 5:30am they started me on Petocin to induce labor. It worked. I got my epidural put in about 1pm and immediately felt a lot better and decided that the anesthesiologist was my best friend. I felt A LOT better after that! I highly recommend them. Around 3pm I was ready to go, but Luke wasn't quite convinced yet. He has his head turned in such a way that part of it wasn't doing what it was supposed to. So we waited. And waited. And then about 5:30 my Dr. showed up, very apologetic. He hadn't had a clue that I was in the hospital...and while they had called him upon my check in and he'd had them start my petocin, he had been asleep and had no recolection of that phone call! Hazzard of being a baby doctor I guess! Luke was born at 6:02pm. He flunked his Apgar with flying colors the first time...he got a 2!...but he quickly improved and ended up with a 9. We'll see if this continues to be a life pattern! haha
We left the hospital on Saturday. Mom and dad were there to help Kyle and I Saturday and Sunday and then went home on Monday morning. Then my friend Cindy came Tuesday evening and she just left about an hour ago (Friday). So I'm on my own now!
Luke had his first appointment with his Pediatrician yesterday. It went well. I had a whole list of questions that I brought with me and basically the answer to all of it was, he's fine, relax. I'm going to have to work on that! He also weighed in at 5lbs 14 oz so he's almost back to his birth weight, which is good. We have another appointment next Thursday.
Our nights have been going pretty well overall. I had 2 rough nights in a row, Monday night and Tuesday night, but luckily Cindy was here to help with the 2nd one, so that was good. He's pretty typical, I guess. He eats, sleeps, and makes dirty diapers! We're currently have difficulties getting him to burp, and he's been spitting up, so the doctor has him sleeping at an incline for the time being, which seems to be helping. We have had 2 HUGE projectile vomitings, which I did NOT enjoy. AND they created A LOT of dirty laundry! I guess that's all for now. Luke's set to eat again in about 30 minutes. While pregnant I kept track of time in weeks, and now I'm keeping track of time in "minutes until it's time for Luke to eat again".

2 comments:

  1. Rachel,
    He is the cutiest baby boy ever!! Congrats! I cannot wait to see him in person!!

    ReplyDelete