Pages

Snippets

Monday, October 1, 2007

A Baby Divided


Kyle has been happy about his OU baby clothing finds at a local consignment sale. He was NOT as happy about the package that came in the mail today from Michael and Audra. This is deffinately going to be a case of "A Baby Divided". I think we're both lucky King Solomon isn't around to try and cut him in half to solve the problem!

It feels like there is not a lot new going on around here. I've been trying to catch Kyle painting, but I think he purposefully waits 'til I'm gone to go an work on the nursery. So no luck on that front yet...but I'll get him. He got the navy stripe painted in the middle and has done a few touch ups. I took off the tape on the floorboards and ceiling so there are even MORE touch ups for him now!

Here's the wall so far! It looks great if I do say so myself. Kyle has done a great job painting. He's a perfectionist and I like it! I went today and bought all the supplies for the last step...combing a taupe glaze over the entire thing. We need to make a "sample board" first to make sure we like it, for some practice before the real deal, and to make sure the final product can be cleaned easily if needed. This is going to be a little boys room after all!

Last week I went to a consignment store and I bought a cheap, used changing table for Luke's room. Kyle volunteered to paint it green to match the crib, so it will much cuter when it's all finished. I bought the supplies for that project today as well, so we're all ready to go. Here's a before picture. The after will be posted later.
While I haven't done a good job at catching Kyle painting, he did catch me in the kitchen the other day, looking very large and in charge. So I'll include that for your viewing pleasure as well.


I guess that's all that's new for now. Only 6 weeks left until my due date and 21 days until I'm considered "full term". I tell Luke regularly about his window of opportunity for arrival. We'll see how well he can follow directions.

2 comments:

  1. Great pics! Thanks for posting them! The wall is looking great! Don't you love diy projects?!? I always love it when I can find something (like the changing table) it turn it into something great! I look forward to seeing all of your after pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're looking as cute as ever Rachel! Love that bump of yours! Doesn't it just feel great! Love Luke's room! Looks so cute! Kudos Kyle! Love all the pics you're posting! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete