Pages

Snippets

Friday, October 5, 2007

The Belly




Kyle has been working hard on the nursery this week doing touchups. I think they will be the most time consuming part of the project. I finally got some pictures of him working on it.



We went to our last Prepared Childbirth Class last night. It was the session I'd been waiting for since before I was even pregnant! Kyle go to wear a 25 lb belly. I had to explain to him, while it was a nice example, it's still not reality. The same amount of weight on him and me...well, it just won't feel the same. Also, at 6' he has more room to put a belly than I do on my short torsoed 5'2" body. But I had a good time watching him wear it anyway. We were supposed to have them do something that's hard for us. Really, I've pretty well felt like myself and life isn't too tricky for me. Not like other pregnancies that I've heard about. However, the floor has gotten farther away and getting in and out of our very tall bed is no small feat in and of itself. So I had Kyle lay down on the floor, roll from side to side and then get up again. Not the same, I know, but the best we could do.


This week Kyle also realized that if I'm sitting on the couch reclined, you can rest a cup on my belly. THIS IS NOT POSSIBLE IF I'M STANDING UP! My belly isn't THAT big!! So to even things up from his belly pictures, I'll include one of me. *Sad face

That's all that's new here! I worked on a "call list" today and packed the hospital bag. We're not ready for Luke to be ready yet, but we're getting there!

1 comment:

  1. You are one talented lady Rachel! Balancing a cup on your belly! wow! love the pics of kyle with the belly! We had a blast at our class on that night too!Lucky you that you've not had too many troubles with your belly bump.... wearing a seatbelt was a hard one for me... and having the steering wheel in the way all the time!

    Luke's room is looking mighty fine!

    ReplyDelete