Pages

Snippets

Thursday, March 18, 2010

SHhhhhed-jew-uls

So, after talking with Audra, I decided that Luke and I need a schedule for our "At home Days" Tuesdays and Thursdays. Audra does her schedule every day. Maybe I'll get a schedule for Body and Soul days, but we're starting small. Baby steps, people! So anyway, an initial conversation with Audra, a follow up phone call, searching the web, and tons of scratch paper later. Here is what I've come up with:

7:30am Leta wakes up, eats, gets dressed
8:00ish Luke up and he and I eat breakfast
8:30 Luke gets dressed (Play with any leftover time)
9:00 Chore Time with Leta (haha...this will be our play time in her room, she'll go down for her nap and Luke isn't allowed in her room with us.)
9:15 Chore Time with Luke (Tues. is upstairs chores, Thurs. downstairs)
(dusting, changing his sheets, making bed, cleaning his bathroom, sweeping under his chair, cleaning his chair, general picking up)
9:30 Mommy chore Time
9:45 Mommy and Luke structured play time (arts and crafts, letter writing, games, learning time)
10:30 Leta eats. Luke has independent play in living room. Not allowed on couch.
11:00 All play
12:00 Luke and I eat lunch
12:30 Bible time (songs, stories, activities, scripture memorization)
1:00 Luke Nap time
1:30 Leta eats
3:30 Luke awake and free play with mommy
4:30 Leta eats. Luke has alone playtime upstairs or outside
5:00 Luke helps make supper
7:00 Daddy and Luke time
7:30 Pick up toys and get ready for bed
8:00 Bedtime!

If you people have any ideas for structured play time, Bible Time etc. let me know in the comments. Except you Michael. I'm sure your comment will be a smart alec one anyway =) I'll let you all know how it goes. I'm starting maybe next Tuesday or maybe in 2 weeks. Our Body and Soul workshop is tomorrow and Saturday so after that and for the next two weeks I have 18 routines to learn...so maybe the schedule will have to wait a while.

Luke is babbling away upstairs. I'd best go get him.

3 comments:

  1. I don't get the heading of this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how I was pronouncing "schedules" in my head while I was typing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could do a bible coloring book, or a nativity scene toy, or noah's ark toy. Then talk about the animals and how God made them. Or the story in the bible that goes with the pictures in the coloring book, etc. Just simple little things to help him start learning :)

    ReplyDelete