Pages

Snippets

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Solomon and Amelia Visit!

The Cousins! Amelia, Leta, Luke, Solomon
Audra and the boys
Playing cars
Bath time! Maybe next time Leta will be big enough to join in on the fun.
Girl time!
And they brought Michael and Audra with them.

Michael and Audra arrived Saturday evening around 7:15. My aunt Marjorie had come over earlier in the day and got to spend time with Luke and Leta and then was able to stay for just a bit after they arrived. She was meeting some friends in Norman that night. The boys immediately went wild running around the house, chasing each other and getting very wound up.

Sunday we went to church, grabbed some Qdoba for lunch at came back to the house and ate. Marjorie joined us, but had to leave during nap time. Sunday evening we had popcorn and watched "Americas Funny" according to Luke (America's Funniest Home Videos).

Monday morning Audra and I went to Body and Soul and worked out. We came home to a tired and cranky Luke who was still in his pj's and had been in time out a great portion of the morning. That afternoon Michael and Kyle went and played golf and Audra and I played a fun new game called, "Referee". It's an intense game where you always have to be alert, on your toes and have a high tolerance for loud sounds. It's difficult, because the "pawns" of the game are two two-year-old boys, neither of whom know how to share. After supper the kids had a bath.

Tuesday they left around 11am. We spent the morning playing and getting things lined up for them to leave. Michael wasn't feeling the best. But don't worry. So far his germs have only spread to poor Kyle, who now has yet another cold.

We had so much fun, and I was sad to see them go. However, I am still recovering! I think I'm glad God has given me my babies one at a time! Audra and I spent quite a bit of time discussing schedules and discipline and how to get Solomon to stay in his bed. I dont' think I was any help to her and I don't think she's any closer to a solution! She needs to find one for when we encounter this battle ourselves so she can help me =). Anyway, as a result of our talks I have come up with an "At Home Day" schedule for Luke. That'll be a post that's not too long in coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment