Pages

Snippets

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

4 Mile Long Run


4 Mile Long Run

Today's Run: 4.15mi/43:48min/hilly no music

I didn't realize my arms are so hairy!  At least the hair is lighter colored and not black!

Completed my first "long run" at 7:42 this morning.  Yes, I got up at 6:30 am so I could be home in time to nurse the Smallest of the Small Ones.  I ran outside.  My first outdoor run since starting all of this.  My pace was a little slower than I would've liked.  I need to change up my settings on my Garmin (the watch) so it'll tell me my pacing instead of my calories.  Although I DO like knowing I burned 446 calories this morning, I don't want to have to wear my HR monitor every time, and knowing my pace will help me more on my run anyway.  It was 56* when I left home this morning and pitch black.

Since I ran by myself, I thought if I shared some of my thoughts while running, it would be ALMOST like you were my running buddy and came with me.

1.  Man I'm glad I bought this long sleeved white running shirt at Target the other day.
2.  I need mittens.
3.  Was that a deer?
4.  I wish it was light out so when I get over for cars I don't keep tripping.
5.  I don't think I've run this far since college.  I ran 3 miles all the time before I had the Biggest of the Small Ones. (I basically haven't run in 5 years)
6.  Man there are a lot of hills out here!
7.  I'm going to have to carry a stick if I keep seeing these dogs.  I dont' think they like me.  They both seemed territorial and one was a pit bull, so I wasn't diggin' that.
8.  I can't wait for my arm band to come in so I can listen to music on my runs.

I am sore from my run Thursday and I could feel that my calves were tight while running, even after fully warmed up.  I stretched out at home and then hobbled around the house like an old women for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment